background

Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Crystals

It starts out as liquid and hardens in the sun. I used rock salt as my grain, Thea used sugar and Charlotte used normal salt. Thea only added a tiny bit of food colouring so her crystal has turned out to be white. Charlotte added too much food colouring so hers looks black. I added just enough to make mine look green. Theas crystal has improved the most even though hers is supposed to take the longest, 3 weeks.


On Wednesday, the 31st of July, Thea, Charlotte, and I found a way to make crystals. By using hot water and a sort of grain you can grow your own crystals. So far so good. The crystals are working perfectly, they have started to grow in bits and soon the whole thing will be a crystal.


We didn't add sting so it will have to stay on the plate. Everyday we have to add more mixture to the plate to make the crystals grow. I can’t wait until they’re done. I wonder whose will finish first?

No comments:

Post a Comment