background

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The catch

I snuck through the vines of the jungle, avoiding any bush or movement. I was hoping that nothing life-threatening was lurking in the jungle. SWACK!!!. I heard a large noise behind me and something started to tighten around my ankle. I peered around franticly and saw a rope pulling on my leg, I whimpered cowardly, hoping that the noise had continued through the jungle spreading my misery. I closed my eyes for a minute, I tried to think, nothing happened. I laid down timidly, something struggled through the bush, coming at me with a spear furiously. I stood up and tried to growl at him, warning him that this was my territory. He just kept coming closer so I yelped loudly like he had cut me but to my disbelief he had set me free.


I took this as a chance to get back at him. So I leaped on my front paws, clutching the grass and hoping this will frighten him. He stumbled back and shut his eyes with fear. I had the chance to pounce onto him but for some reason my nose took over and I wandered into the bush following a fresh smell of fish. I reached a basket with leafs and..... and.... and..... a tiny fish? This was so pathetic. I was so disappointed, I feel sorry for him. Without thinking I snatched the pitiful fish, leaped out the basket and ran through a clearing in the vines of the jungle.


He came after me moments later with a terrifying look on his face. I didn’t turn back, I kept running. I headed for a hill, it looked like it was near having a landslide.I took a leap of faith and landed straight on my paws. I kept running. After that I could smell the fish from the other lake. He was right behind me, following my every move, as planned. The lake was right around the corner.


I had led him to the lake to feed his people. He had such a grateful look on his face when he turned around the corner, just in time too. The biggest fish had just leaped over the lake blocking the sunlight from my eyes. His mouth dropped, his eyes were wide. I felt like I had achieved something amazing.  I passed him a broken stick and sat down, I think he knew what I meant because he took out a fishing line and a hook from his pocket and tied it all together.


It took a while but he was happy with what he had caught. We were walking back and he had two large fish lugged on his shoulder. He looked extremely pleased with me and threw the smallest fish to me with a smile. I caught it with my mouth gracefully and sat down but he kept on walking. I knew I had helped him enough so it was time for me to go. I turned into dust and faded away into the night sky. I still watch down on him now and then. He always manages to catch enough for the village and sometimes he even has some leftovers for the jungle animals.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome story Madz! I love the really descriptive first paragraph, it really hooks the reader in. Fantastic effort, you are a really amazing writer.
    Thea :)

    ReplyDelete