background

Tuesday, May 07, 2013

My Nana's roast dinner

We sat on the couch with our noses filled with the sweet smell of roast. My Mum had just pulled out the lamb and stirred up all the vegetables with the creamy cheese sauce. We had a range of food, lamb, stuffed potatoes, veggies with sauce and peas. The food was all cooked by the wonderful chef, my Mum. The table was set out perfectly with the dinner spread out. We all sat down covering our plates in the delicious feast.


The reason we were having this scrumptious dinner was to celebrate my Nanas birthday. She was turning 51 and I could tell it was the best 51st birthday ever. Her presents contained a Samsung tablet and homemade cards filled with hugs, kisses and horrifying singing.


“Happy birthday to you, put you hand down the loo, if you feel something squishy, it’s a present for you.”
“Hip hip hooray, hip hip hooray, hip hip hooray” we screamed the song rapidly.


    

1 comment:

  1. Great story Maddy! I love the first paragraph and how you were describing the yummy feast. It made me hungry!!! Keep it up!
    Thea

    ReplyDelete